- Media Contacts
- Press Releases
- Social Media
- Fact Sheets
- About PSEG
- Photo Gallery
- YouTube Videos
- Reports and Publications
- Investor Relations
- PSEG in the Community
PSE&G media update – July 27, 2012 at 6:30 a.m.
- PSE&G crews worked through the night and have restored power to the majority of customers impacted by last night’s strong thunderstorms. At this time, about 300 customers are without power scattered throughout the service territory.
- Crews will continue working throughout the morning to restore these remaining customers.
- Strong winds can increase the possibility of downed wires and associated power outages. Customers are advised to stay away from all downed power lines. Downed wires should always be considered “live.” Do not approach or drive over a downed line and do not touch anything that it might be in contact with.
- Customers are asked to report downed wires immediately. Please call 800-436-7734 to report the street location as well as the nearest cross street.
- If you experience a power outage, please call PSE&G’s Customer Service line: 1-800-436-PSEG.
- Customers with a handheld device, or who are at an alternate location with power, can also report power outages and view the status of their outage by logging in to My Account at www.pseg.com. To do so, Log In now or register.
- General outage activity throughout our service territory is available online at www.pseg.com/outagecenter and updates are posted on pseg.com during severe weather.
- Customers can also monitor restoration progress by signing up and following us on our Twitter channel at http://twitter.com/psegdelivers.
Public Service Electric and Gas Company (PSE&G) is New Jersey’s oldest and largest regulated gas and electric delivery utility, serving nearly three-quarters of the state’s population. PSE&G is the winner of the ReliabilityOne Award for superior electric system reliability. PSE&G is a subsidiary of Public Service Enterprise Group Incorporated (PSEG) (NYSE:PEG), a diversified energy company (www.pseg.com).