- Customer Service
- Save Energy & Money
- Education & Safety
- Manage My Account
- View or Pay My Bill
- Report Power Outage
- Why it’s Important to Report an Outage
- Outage Maps
- What to Do if You Lose Power
- Community Resources
- Downed Power Lines
- Electric Generators
- Restoring Electric or Gas Service
- Flood Safety
- General Tips
- Report a Streetlight Out
- Follow us on Twitter
- Description of Facilities Feeding Electricity to Municipalities
- Walk-in Customer Service Centers
- Contact Us
- Start, Stop or Transfer Service
- Service Upgrade and New Installations
- Repair, Replace & Protect My Equipment
- Submit My Meter Reading
- Help Paying My Bill
- File a Claim
- Life-Sustaining Equipment
- Energy Choice
Find out what to do if you lose power or need to report an outage.
PSE&G customers are served by one of the most reliable electrical systems in the nation. Keeping your power flowing is our #1 priority because we know you count on us for reliable electric service.
- Report a Power Outage (please note: you must be a registered user of My Account to use this service)
- What to do if you lose power
- Why it’s important to report an outage
- PSE&G Power Restoration process (videos coming soon)
- If You Need Assistance
Our crews work to restore power to the largest numbers of customers first, taking into account "priority customers" such as hospitals, police and fire stations, water and sewer facilities, communications facilities (TV, radio and telephone), and customers on life-sustaining medical equipment (See graphic illustration below). If someone in your family relies on life-sustaining medical equipment, it is important to let the utility know as soon as the equipment is installed. We then focus on restoring power to homes and businesses, starting with the circuits with the largest numbers of customers.
PSE&G is committed to working to reduce the number of outages caused by storms and extreme temperatures. Preventive measures such as our tree trimming program and expert maintenance of our wires and equipment by thousands of our employees help to ensure that you'll always have power when you need it.
Report a Power Outage
Log In to My Account or call 800-436-PSEG (7734).
Check the Outage Maps
The Outage Center shows outages in our service territory using a graphic interface.
Follow us on Twitter
For the latest on outages, safety messages, and storm updates.