- My Business Account
- Customer Service
- Builders & Contractors
- Products & Services
- Save Energy & Money
Builders & Contractors /
- Before You Begin Applying for Service
- New Service Process
- Meter Set
- Service Upgrade and New Installations
- Information for Solar Developers
PSE&G will review your request and provide a response based on your requirements. Please refer to the trenching information page for typical lead times and construction details for Residential Buried Underground Distribution (BUD). For New Jersey rules governing the BUD, please see the NJ Tariff and/or New Jersey Administrative Code. You will receive the DWMS reference number for your project. All future inquiries will require this reference number in order to provide information about your project.
If your job requires an easement, please click here.
To process your application quickly and efficiently, you will need the following:
- Approved site plans or foundation in place (call your PSE&G representative for details).
- Contact Information for the Customer/Authorized Representative.
- Billing Information.
- Service Location and Use Information:
(possibly including Pole/Pad Number from Service Location, if available)
- For Electric Service, you will also need the following Information:
- If New Service -- load details for the new meter(s) you are requesting,
including Volts, Amps, Phase and air conditioning load for the New Service.
- If Upgrading/Moving/Splitting Service -- load details for both the existing meters and new meters, including existing and new Volts, Amps, and Phase.
- For New Gas Service, you will also need the following information:
- Project start date/expected service date
- Load details for all meters required, including required pressure.
- For New Service for a Residential Subdivision, you will also need the following information:
- Details on the different types of "Unit" in your residential Subdivision,
including electric and gas load details, pressures, Volts, Amps, and Phase.
- Building Phase Information -- How many of each type of unit will be created in a phase, timelines for each phase, etc.
Construction Service Applications
Ask questions about a new installation of electric and gas services.